Saturday, May 06, 2006

Gulliver's Travels


So many of you have wondered where I am, what the rain, wind and sun have done to me over the past month and some change. Well, the scene to your right is a shot right out of my front living room window in Turner Montana. Don't bother asking, but there are only 51 people in this town and today I could see 47 miles with out obstruction. In other words...there is nothing here. However, an interesting concept hit me last night as my dad and I competed on the lanes for the best score and my mother opened presents for the 50th time in her life. Playing in the same lanes with us where the people that feed the world...with out doubt the US. From wheat and corn to beef and pork. I was tossing large balls...hahahaha...at some pins with some of the most influential farmers in this country. Each owning land exceeding 10,000 acres. It was a concept hard to grasp. That beer bellied guy that just threw a gutter ball puts the food on your table. When you stopped to think about it...it was an erie and underated thought. It is obvious to see that this is their way of life and despite putting in 20 hour days on a tractor fighting the dust bowls, they could still pause for a pitcher and a good laugh.

It is good to be back. Coming up are some stories from Airborne School, the road trip, camp, and many more.
pH

3 Comments:

Blogger Enigma Productions Photography said...

HEY MAN!!!!

good to see you back, and to know that are country is run by drunks. hahhah. I wish I was bowling.

14:54  
Blogger Hahn House said...

no doubt brother, no doubt

06:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

parker...that's an amazing picture. i love rural landscape.
laura

22:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home